Amazingly crisp-tender sweet potatoes roasted to perfection. Such a quick, easy, vegetarian side dish for any meal!
This has quickly become one of my most favorited side dishes this year. It doesn’t require too much work and it involves only a few pantry staples of spices, yet it packs so much flavor. It can also dress up any meal and more – I even throw them into burrito bowls or dice them up real small for veggie taco night.
The best part is that sprinkle of fresh cilantro (parsley is a great sub if you have a bad relationship with cilantro) and freshly squeezed lime juice right on top. That tart goodness combined with the savory-salty flavor just hits differently. Sometimes I’ll even eat them hot off the sheet pan without a main.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 pounds small sweet potatoes scrubbed, patted dry, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, cumin, paprika, chili powder, cinnamon, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place sweet potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir in olive oil mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until fork tender, stirring halfway. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
The post Roasted Sweet Potatoes appeared first on Damn Delicious.